Thursday, February 5, 2015

Zane Tolman
Writing 150 Section 32

Opinion Editorial Reflections

            The opinion editorial was a great experience for me to return to active writing. It’s been a long time since I’ve needed to write a paper to try to relay a message from my heart to others and I’m grateful for the opportunity that I had to author this paper. In my paper I focused on how in society today there is a rampant lack of control when it comes to taking care of one’s body. The idea of my paper was to persuade others to take care of their bodies, prevent future sicknesses by doing so, and provide the wonderful benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
            After finishing my rough draft I tried to go through and use sentence reconstruction that I learned about on style academy. I felt by doing so I allowed my paper to flow a bit better for the audience that would be reading my paper. I also used a conscience based argument to appeal emotionally to readers. I learned the importance of trying to appeal to the audience emotionally by studying about pathos. I felt that before I may have tried a pure Logos approach, or a logic only approach, that may have been convincing to some, but not as much as if I was using a combination of pathos and logos. I also tried to create an ethos approach by using confident language and stating facts and ideas that only those that have studied the topic would know. This I hoped would allow the readers to be confident that what I was saying was not a stretch in the truth, but reality.
            In the end I felt that my paper was overall a success for me. Was it perfect? No, I don’t believe so at all, but I do feel I matured in my abilities to write a better paper and most definitely learned how to write a better opinion editorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment