Thursday, January 15, 2015

Opinion Editorial Thesis :)

Opinion Editorial Thesis

            There are billions of people on the Earth today and each one of them leads a different life than the other, each unique. Though circumstances set the stage for which direction one’s life will tread, it is often such a person’s opinions that lead him or her to create their own path to life’s end. Many of these opinions are strongly enforced by those that hold them close, often argued for very passionately. I would like to present one such opinion. One of my own, that I believe very strongly about and would like to share with others.
            The opinion I will be presenting is focused on the lack of healthy living displayed by many people in our current society. In the United States of America there is a growing problem of unhealthy living. Unhealthy living marked by eating food which only fattens, sitting down at work and home all day, using various electronic forms of entertainment instead of getting out, and avoiding exercise as if it was something bad. The piece I am to write will likely be based off of reason and likely have a little humor in it. Though, the piece will focus more on trying to appeal to the side of people that convinces them to act, their conscience. I will try to use some basic humor in order to keep the readers’ attention while my message transmits to their deeper selves.

            I believe very strongly that people need to take care of their bodies, teach others to do so, not be afraid to tell others that they need to do better, and be an example to others by following a healthy lifestyle themselves. If this were to be a societal rule, and was embedded in our culture, I believe the effects would last many years into the future. I also believe it possible if we all put in a little bit of a contribution, which is what I hope to do with the paper that I am going to write on this topic.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Americans have a bit of a healthy living problem. I think the hardest part of this is getting people to be open with others about the problem, because for some it can be such a sensitive subject. So I think you've got the pathos there, the argument is definitely kairotic, and I think you have a really good start to your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy learning about health and I find it a very spiritual subject. I think because we are addressing BYU, it would be interesting to tie in some points about the word of wisdom. Many people only think of the word of wisdom as "don't drink, don't do drugs" but from what I have learned, the word of wisdom is much more than that! It is the development and management of our earthy bodies, which in fact is one of the most important things to learn on this life, because after all, why were we sent her to get bodies if we weren't expected to learn how to control and manage them?

    ReplyDelete