Thursday, January 8, 2015

Proposal for my opinion paper

Opinion Paper Proposal

            There are billions of people on the Earth today and each one of them leads a different life than the other, each unique. Though circumstances set the stage for which direction one’s life will tread, it is often such a person’s opinions that lead him or her to create their own path to life’s end. Many of these opinions are strongly enforced by those that hold them close, often argued for very passionately. I would like to present one such opinion. One of my own, that I believe very strongly about and would like to share with others.
            The opinion I will be presenting is focused on the lack of healthy living displayed by many people in our current society. The piece I will write will likely be based off of reason and will likely not have much humor in it. The piece will focus more on trying to appeal to the side of people that convinces them to act, their conscience. I will try to use some basic humor in order to keep the readers’ attention while my message transmits to their deeper selves.

            I believe very strongly that people need to take care of their bodies, teach others to do so, not be afraid to tell others that they need to do better, and be an example to others by following a healthy lifestyle themselves. If this were to be a societal rule, and was embedded in our culture, I believe the effects would last many years into the future. I believe it possible if we all put in a little bit of a contribution, which is what I hope to do with the paper that I am going to write on this topic.

2 comments:

  1. Solid topic. If you want information to back you up, there's tons on the web. It'll be interesting to see how you form this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! It think this is a topic that everyone knows should happen but is just too lazy to follow thru on. I think as long as you really let your audience know why it is so important to do such things you can have a great paper.

    ReplyDelete